Thursday, November 1, 2007

When 'Big Ben' doesn't pertain to a football player for the Steelers


For the last couple of weeks, I was highly invested in the NY Giants football game vs. the Miami Dolphins. Normally I wouldn't care about seeing either teams, but I was uber excited this time to see this game because it was being played in London. It was, as most of you probably know, the first regular-season game to be played outside North America.

Having spent the 2005 football season in London, I saw alot of interest and compassion for American football from British citizens. Also, it was a first and assuming everything went over well, I saw it as an opportunity to help rebuild some of our lost relationship (I know it's kind of a stretch) with the British public, even if it was a money making venture (to be honest) masked in good will and under the guise of 'expanding football into other cultures' around the world.

Overall everything got a pretty good review. While the play of game was pretty shitty, it was still good to see something other than a fast food chain expanding internationally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Steelers!

Add to Technorati Favorites