Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wow

Hillary Clinton raised $27 million dollars in the last quarter. Barack Obama raised $20 million. John Edwards raised $7 million dollars.

I'm a proponent of campaign finance laws so seeing these numbers really scares me. Between these three individuals, $54 million dollars was raised. And that money will probably be used to run ads online and on television to tell us how the other candidates don't warrant our vote. Why can't we raise this kind of money to help the homeless? Or feed children? Help out those who don't have healthcare afford it? Or help a family see a Hannah Montana concert? You know, real problems of today...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree...though my chosen charity is the American Diabetes Association.

Friends of David donate... http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/StepOut/StepOut230458010?px=3899627&pg=personal&fr_id=4653&et=9dvNDBhTOaIpwLV8EiloFQ..&s_tafId=115617

Lyndsi said...

Those large numbers scare me, too. It seems like most of that money will be wasted on attack ads and fancy meals...

p.s. I'm all about the red cross

Add to Technorati Favorites